Smartdc on privacy
Through the website of datacenter provider Smartdc B.V (https://www.smartdc.net) privacy-sensitive data better known as personal data will be processed. Smartdc B.V. greatly values that personal data should be handled with care. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and protected by us.
Complying with GDPR
When processing data, we comply with the requirements laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). That means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data that are necessary for legitimate purposes;
- we will first ask you for your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- take appropriate measures to protect your personal data, including the requirements of parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, correct, supplement, modify, block, delete and transfer your personal data on your request.
This privacy statement was last amended on 17 May 2018.
How Smartdc collects personal information
Your personal data will be collected by Smartdc when:
- Services are purchased from Smartdc;
- Services are used from Smartdc;
- Subscribing to the newsletter of Smartdc;
- Smartdc is consulted with a request, question, comment or complaint;
- Abuse is reported at Smartdc.
In addition to the data provided directly to Smartdc, Smartdc can also request information form parties within the Performance Group holding company. When necessary Smartdc may also request information from Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs), Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Blocklists.
What type of personal data is collected by Smartdc
The following of your data will be collected by Smartdc:
- name and contact information, IP-address and similar information necessary for communication, as well as the financial details of the recipient;
- an administration number that does not contain any information other than that referred to under a;
- data for the purpose of making deliveries and orders or for the purpose of providing services;
- data for the purpose of calculating and recording income and expenditure, making payments and collecting claims;
- data for maintaining contact with customers or suppliers;
- biometric data (fingerprint) for the purpose of access control;
- data other than those referred to under a to f, the processing of which is required or necessary for the purposes of other regulation.
Why Smartdc processes the personal data
Smartdc collects and processes your data for the following purposes:
- Offering, managing and carrying out is services;
- Compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Managing user accounts;
- Sending by email, displaying on the website, sending by post and notifying by phone of a newsletter, user information, service message or other electronic message;
- Informing about our new products and services;
- Analysing the behaviour on the website in order to improve our website and to tailor our offer our offer of products and services to your preferences;
- Establishing the identity of customers or third parties for access to the data centres;
- Investigating suspected violation of the Smartdc Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
Transfer of personal data by Smartdc
We will not share the data linked to your user name to third parties, unless this is necessary in the context of the fulfillment of the agreement that you enter with us or if this is legally required. In the case of suspected fraud or misuse of our website and/or services, we may share personal data to the relevant authorities.
We can share data with our partners within the Performance Group holding company. These partners are involved in the execution of the agreement. These partners are (also) located outside the European Union. An unchanged model contract without additions as referred to in Article 26(4) of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union is used for this purpose. During the data exchange, the data is protected by means of encryption. The data will remain stored on Dutch territory at all times.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are linked to this website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
Objection to direct marketing
You have the absolute right to object to direct marketing. Each newsletter contains a link that allows you to unsubscribe. If you wish to file a complaint against direct marketing, a ticket can be created or an e-mail can be sent to email@example.com In this message you must state to whom this request relates.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Of course we will be happy to help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. You can reach us via the contact details at the bottom of this page, or via our contact form. If you are dissatisfied with the way in which we deal with your complaint, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority for this purpose.
With our portal you can access a management environment where you can set up, specify and change things yourself. This also includes your personal data.
Personal data may be stored until the purpose for which the data were processed is no longer present, in which case they are deleted. This is a combination of contractual and legal terms.
We take technical and organisational measures against the loss, misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data.
Changes to this privacy statement
We are entitled to make changes to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Right to access, rectification and erasure of your data
You have the right to ask for access, correction or deletion of your data. For any questions regarding access, improvement, addition, modification, blocking, deletion or transfer of your personal data, you can contact us at any time.